Wednesday 28 December 2011

Guest artist for December, part 3, my final offering

Well hey there,
I am so excited and sad at the same time to be back with my third and final offering for my guest artist spot for December.!!
I want to say a huge thanks to Jennie and Hels for this fantastic opportunity, wish I could do it again!I have loved making these projects, so thanks!
So for my third offering offering I have used some fab insects and butterflies stamps, a configurations box and lots and lots of Artistic Stamper goodies!
So here it is:
I have always wanted to do a configurations box and now seemed like a fab time to make a butterfly and bug box trace style.
I started by cutting papers from the lost and found stack of Tim Holtz papers to size, using plain pieces for the sides and base and more patterned papers for the backs.I then over stamped these papers with the fab bugs and butterflies from the insects and butterflies plate, using black soot distress ink and the smudge background stamp in pumice stone.
Once the papers had dried I glued them into place and covered the joins using sketchbook tissue tape, I love this stuff!
Now for the fun bit, filling the box:
I wanted to showcase the stamps as much as possible and loved the way I could use these detailed images on clearly for art film, shrink plastic, dominoes and grungepaper.
There is too much to detail it all so here are a few of my favourite bits:
I used some blank dominoes, coloured with alcohol inks and edged with metal tape, these then had images stamped on using archival ink.I layered two together to get greater depth. The other set of dominoes I added an ideaology key and a shrink plastic butterfly.
I loved making wings for the fractured doll, using clearly for art film, coloured with alcohol inks and some beadazzles added for a touch of bling.

The frame for the box had ideaology corners added and some fab leaves from Wendy Vecchis arts parts added, which were pained with crackle paint, in peeled paint..the butterflies were made as above.
My final favourite, although it was hard to choose, as I loved filling each and every section and want to do another !!!,was the pocket watch section.
I added a grungepaper circle, coloured in Distress inks and stamped with butterfly
from the insects and butterflies plate.Then I added some shrink plastic butterflies and some beadazzles. The pocket watch shape next to it was made using a chipboard piece, colouring with distress inks, stamping butterfly and finally adding crackle glaze.

Well hope you like my last and final offering!
Thanks again for this fab opportunity!
Hope to see you around in blogland
hugs trace x

9 comments:

Larisa said...

it is magical so much! Great the deep !!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

What a fab box......love it ....I have enjoyed your projects this month ...well done u x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love love love this project Trace! xx

Maria said...

I absolutely love how you have transformed this - it's stunning! Maria x

Marjie Kemper said...

It's absolutely beautiful. Love the blue/green against the L&F paper. The pocket watch/butterfly is so creative!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a fantastic piece. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Absolutely amazing Trace! and such attention to detail! Judy x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

A great piece and thank you for being ourguest desiger this month

Artyjen said...

Fabulous box.....so enjoyed seeing your creations :)
xoxo Sioux