Sunday 8 January 2012

So Red The Rose by Emma

Hi everyone! It's Emma here and I hope you're all having a lovely, inky weekend.

It's already that time of the month for me to share my latest little creation with you and I chose to use a gorgeous Mabel Lucie Attwell image as the main feature of my project, together with lots more goodies from The Artistic Stamper. Also, if you head on over to The Artistic Stamper, this month you can 15% off Perfect Pearls Mists right up until the end of January...

So, here's what I made, all the details of how I did it and lots of close up photos...
To begin with, I made my own shadow box, using two pieces of white cardstock, cut to 15cm x 21cm. I then cut a circle aperture into one of the pieces of cardstock, which will become the front section of the box. Next, I blended Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the front section and then inked up the Dots Background stamp with more Tumbled Glass DI and stamped over the entire front of the box.
I then stamped the Mabel Lucie Attwell "Cut Off Her Head" image from Alice In Wonderland and coloured it in with alcohol pens and Distress Inks. I mounted the finished image, centrally onto the back section of my box and then attached the front section, lining up the two pieces of cardstock and the cut out aperture, to complete my freestanding shadow box.
Next, I die cut some flowers from ivory card using the Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals Die. You will need enough petals to make three complete dimensional roses. I blended Fired Brick Distress Ink over some of the petals and left the petals that I will use for the third flower, ivory. I then used Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mists and sprayed all the petals with the mist, just like the Queen did in the story of Alice In Wonderland. I dried them all with a heat tool, before assembling each of the petal sections to give two completed red roses and one rose, that is half sprayed.

Next, I die cut the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers, Mini Leaf and Branch and blended Gathered Twigs and Iced Spruce Distress Ink over them. I then arranged the dimensional roses, together with the leaves and twigs onto the front section of my box. Finally, you probably all had a small pack of playing cards in one of your crackers at Christmas...so, I used three cards from one of those packs and attached them to my shadow box.
So, I hope you like my creation and thank you so much for taking the time to come and have a look at what I made.

See you soon and hope you have a lovely creative week!
Emma x

11 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really beautiful card, love the softness of the background against the roses and the more vibrant image, hugs trace x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the roses, especially the pale one.

Maggie said...

A gorgeous gorgeous card Emma your rose is stunning!

Maggie

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great idea and a lovely creation!

greetings, Alie :-)

Sid said...

Very delicate card !!

Trish Latimer said...

Love the roses Emma! Gorgeous!

Joanne said...

It's beautiful, it's really, really beautiful.
Hugs Joanne xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful creation Emma, love the soft colours against those vibrant flowers, lovely. Tracy x

Janna said...

Wow! Your roses are beautiful!! Love the card :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! Love your roses Emma! xxx

Pendra said...

Love your beautiful card and gorgeous flowers! I have that die and have not tried making any flowers yet... you got my juices flowing and have to get it out!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra