Wednesday 24 October 2012

BOO!! ...by Emma


Hi everyone, it's Emma here and I'm back with my final share of October. I'm one of those people who really loves Halloween and I thought I'd make the most of my much loved Halloween Tim Holtz dies and make another tag using them...as always, I hope you like it! 
To begin with, I took one of the larger sized tags and covered it in Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress Stain. I blended Black Soot around the edges before stamping the entire tag, using the Marbled Background stamp inked with Spiced Marmalade DI. I then used the gorgeous Spider's Web  and spider stamps from Tim's Halloween Cutout set and stamped the web and the spider directly onto my tag.
Next I covered a piece of chipboard with a self adhesive metal sheet and then die cut the BOO using the Gothic Boo die from Sizzix. I applied Hazelnut and Eggplant Alcohol ink over the top of the metal and attached this to my tag.
I inked up a piece of white paper, with Old Paper DI and then stamped the tickets and the Calligraphic stamp onto the paper and cut them to size, distressing the edges with the distressing tool and some Black Soot DI. I added these to my tag, together with one of Tim's Pen Nibs and a Corked Vial, which I dropped a few drops of Alcohol Ink into.
I die cut some of the bats from Grungepaper, using the Movers and Shapers Mini Bat and Skull die and painted them with Black Adirondack ink. I added the bats to my tag, together with some black vintage ribbon and fibres from my stash.
If you're inspired to make a tag of your own, then here's a list of what I used:


Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my tag and I can't wait to read all your comments!
That's it from me for now but I'll see you all again, soon!
Emma x

9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool! Didn't think I'd get that inspired by Halloween crafting, but I've slid down now, and I'm enjoying it so much... fantastic colours and patinas here - the alcoholic (!) Boo is so glorious!
Alison x

Caroline said...

This is fantastic Emma I love the tag and the design is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the tag, a great take on Tims tag ! Like the use of alcohol inks!! Trace x

Claudia N. said...

This is sooo fantastic! Wonderful detail and attention to every single spot in that awesome tag!

LOVE!!!!!

die amelie x

Artyjen said...

Mmmm spooky!!! Love it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Spooky meets classy and classy wins! Very arty indeed, Emma, and very TH/EW!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great job !!! Gorgeous tag !
Best regards Berdien

Janny Jager said...

A great Halloween tag Emma
Love it.
Greetings Janny

Astrid Maclean said...

This is such a cool tag, I really like it!