Monday 6 May 2013

Postcard from the secret garden: By zuzu


I used this little wooden heart hanging that i was given by a friend,to make a "Secret Garden" postcard plaque.
Firstly I covered it with some secret garden papers by Graphic 45. I let the glue dry completely before sanding all around the edges and gave it a light sanding across the surface to give the papers a worn distressed look.
 I took the wire hanger out so I could stamp on a nice flat surface. I used the Ephemera 1 collage set again as well as text from the animal bird collage elements stamp. Apart from stamping, i cut out elements from the papers, distressed them and glued them on. I also used a Tim Holtz mini hinge clip on the back and an ornate plate as the focal piece on the front.

9 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

so pretty - amazing how much detail you can get on such a small piece.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Such a lovely combination of elements and how you have used the ornate plates with bits of the papers behind. A truly beautiful hanger!

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous! Love it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

what a pretty plaque !
this gives me ideas to use this fabulous postcard plate, thank you !!!

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful with a lot of great details

greetings Janny

whyducks said...

Very pretty!

Zuzu's Blog said...

thank you. x

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty shabby chic look - love the stamping on the paper...
Alison x

craftytrog said...

I love this beautiful piece Zuzu! It has a wonderful Springtime look to it!
Alison xxx