Friday 27 June 2014

A Journey is measured in Friends

Hello Everyone,Shilpa here,
Hope you loved the theme of our June challenge and linked up your beautiful projects here. If  you have not yet... I brought you bit of inspiration,


I started off with thick chipboard 8*10" which I gessoed first. To create the texture I stamped the Calligraphic Mat 4  and  Random dots on the tissue paper with  Black Archival Ink. And adhered it on the surface. And gessoed again to push it in background.




I blended Peacock feather, Tumbled glass, Stormy sky and Picket fence Distress paints and sprayed water to get the colour on, as I was trying to make it blue sky. Allowed it to dry thoroughly with my heat tool. For some more texture I used Crafters workshop spinning tops stencil and peacock feather distress ink. I stamped circles with white acrylic paint randomly on the background.


I stamped these small green branches at the edges with Katy Leitch's  Botanical plate2  stamp set and Fern Green Archival ink  Aren't they lovely?




 At the bottom corner, I stamped  with small flower from  Botanical plate1 and Staz on Blazing Red and coloured them more with PIIT pens


And these beautiful butterflies are from New Neil Walker stamp collection at Artistic stamper. I stamped them with same Blazing red Staz on ink. I also applied Mod Podge and sprinkled Clear Rock Candy distress glitter. I've taken this photo in sun, hope you can see the shimmer.


And finally added these words from Traveling stamps set.

We have theme 'Red' for June challenge, you still have 3 more days to create and participate in the challenge.  Hope I inspired you... Thank you so much for your visit today....see you next month!!

Supplies used :
Artistic Stamper Stamps:   Calligraphic Mat 4, Random Dots , Botanical Plate2, Botanical plate 1, Butterfly - Neil Walker stamps

Staz On Inks: Blazing Red
Ranger Jet Archival Ink, Fern Green Archival Ink
Crafters Workshop Stencil - Spinning tops
Distress Paints - Peacock feather, Tumbled glass, Stormy sky, Picket fence
Faber Castell - PIIT Pens
Clear Rock candy distress glitter
From my stash - Chipboard, Tissue paper


10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Shilpa - I just love your eye for bold and beautiful colour combinations ... Those fantastical butterflies really pop against the lovely layers of sky behind them, and I love the leaf and flower stamping. Great make!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Its beautiful shilpa!! Love the colors u have used. Those Ferns look awesome!!!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Lovely! Loved the sentiment, the flowers at the bottom and the highlight are the bold buterflies!

Sid said...

Loving your bold colour palette, great piece !

SD pooja said...

Wow ! Its AWESOME !!

Astrid Maclean said...

This is stunning Shilpa! Love those bright summery colours! Wonderful project!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely Shilpa!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is lovely shilpa!

Lucy x

Kay Wallace said...

Such an artistic piece, Shilpa! Love the bright vivid colors, as well as the dept you have created here! Well done!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Lovely piece Shilpa love the butterfly's. Dee x