Tuesday 3 June 2014

Copper birdz by Dee Adams

 
Hi everyone!, i am thrilled to have been chosen to join the Artistic Stamper Creative Design team. I would like to thank Jennie, for all the fantastic stamps I will be designing with over the coming year. I hope you all enjoy my creations and are inspired by my work to create your own interpretations. So here is my first piece for the Artistic Stamper using the Neil Walker Birdz A6 stamp plate.





I stamped the bird stamp onto a copper sheet with black archival ink (you can use any cloud metal) then I heat set it with my heat gun. I then picked up the copper with tongs and held it over the naked flame on my gas cooker, you will see a green flame it only takes a few seconds for the colour to change. BE VERY CAREFUL DON'T TOUCH UNTIL IT HAS COOLED DOWN.

Using a stamp matt, follow the stamped image with a pointed teflon tool. Once completed flip it over and puff it out using a paper stump. fill it in with polyfiller or glossy accents, once dry stick black card onto back, so that it has a flat surface to stick onto the main piece. Carefully cut it out.






Take a piece of black card, and using a bronze acrylic paint, dab it through the mini tile stencil. Cut this into rectangles, and glue one of the copper birdz onto it, repeat so all of the birdz are done.


Using grey board, I stencilled grunge paste through the leaf and swirl border stencil and dried.  I then applied haystack and honey dew fresco finish acrylic, Using cut and dry foam (or your fingers if you wish!). I followed theses colours with smoked paprika, pumpkin soup, and a small amount of south pacific. Once dried i applied blood orange to the artistic stamper random dot stamp, and stamped it randomly, followed by south pacific and pumpkin soup. I distressed the sides and sponged spiced marmalade around the edges.

I didn't like the colours so i went over with a thin coat of fired brick distress paint


White fire treasure gold was applied around the grunge leaf pattern. Then everything was mounted to black card.

I hope you have all enjoyed my first piece, I look forward to reading any comments (be kind!!)



11 comments:

Helen said...

Welcome, Dee - this is a fabulous start!

Neil said...

Well I love it! It's so cool seeing the image used in a non cute style. I look forward to seeing more.

Deborah Wainwright said...

I really like how you created your background, which provides a fab stage on which to display your wonderful birds. Love it xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Welcome Dee to The Creative Team! A fabulous start! xx

Artyjen said...

Congratulations Dee.....love the metal embossed design :)
xoxo Sioux

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely brilliant Dee, what cool use of those birds!! Totally love this, what a great start!!!

massofhair said...

Congratulations Dee. Looking forward to seeing your designs.

Fantastic project using metal and Neil's birds :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!

Sid said...

Fab effect you have achieved in this arty piece !

craftytrog said...

Welcome to the team Dee! What a fabulous first piece of art...love those birds!
Alison xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Could have sworn I left a swooning comment here, Dee, on this amazing debut creation - it's absolutely out of this world!
Alison xx