Sunday 15 June 2014

Free your soul - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone, Shilpa here today,  with my first project with ASCTB and I am super excited about it. I have created a Mixed media canvas with beautiful Artistic stamper stamps.


 I started with 6*8" canvas. And applied Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste through Crafters workshop stencil- Pomegranate.


I wanted to use Dona's - Free your soul stamp, which is image of lady experiencing freedom. I chose shades of pink and purple for my background.

I spritzed water on the canvas. After this at random places I applied Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Dusty concord Distress paints. I heat set it with my heat tool.


I stamped this lovely image with Dona's Free your soul stamp and Tree Branch Archival ink. I've also used Pen and ink hatched background stamp and Calligraphic Mat 13 to create more layers in the background.  


To make these butterflies, I've used New Flutterby stamp set and Spun sugar and worn lipstick Distress paints. I stamped them on watercolour paper, let them dry and cut them out, applied walnut stain distress ink (Mini) on the edges. I also applied Vintage photo DI at the all edges of canvas.



Thanks so much for visiting today. Looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Supplies used:
Artistic stamper stamps - Dona's - Free your soul,
Pen and Ink hatched background stamp
Calligraphic mat 13
Flutterby stamp set 
Distress paints - Spun sugar, worn lipstick, milled lavender, dusty concord
Archival Ink - Tree branch
Distress inks - Mini set with walnut stain, vintage photo



13 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

This is gorgeous, Shilpa - such fabulous colours, and I love the pomegranate stencil (not seen that before), and of course those butterflies taking flight. Fantastic debut piece - welcome!
Alison x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Congrats on your first post Shilpa. Loved your choice of colors and the stencil work.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning piece Shilpa, love all the different layers and how they slowly build up! Wonderful use of those butterflies! Great to have you on the team!!

craftytrog said...

Welcome to the team Shilpa, your canvas is beautiful, lovely colours & texture!
Alison xxx

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Gorgeous canvas Shilpa! Love the gorgeous textures. Congratulations!

The Colour Press said...

Stunning canvas Shilpa. The colour combo is so pretty, my fav are d butterflies. Congratulations.

TLC said...

I love it! And those butterflies are so adorable.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Thank you so much everyone for best wishes!!

Marci said...

Your combination of colors is beautiful! Loved the stamps you used, also. Gorgeous canvas.

Unknown said...

I love it! Wonderful colors and image!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful canvas, the colours are so lovely.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Lovely, shilpa, love the colours the stencil and the image you have chosen,

Lucy x

Cocofolies said...

Gorgeous canvas Shilpa!! Coco x