Friday 13 June 2014

Summer Wings

Hello everyone, Astrid here to share my first project for June with you.
Summer always gets me in the mood for colour, so for my project today I decided to have a play with some of the gorgeous Dylusions Spray Inks. I made three cards as you can see and the colours I used were: Pure Sunshine, Calypso Teal, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue and Postbox Red.

I started by cutting 3 panels from Watercolour paper, I then applied my inks with a paint brush.
For this one I used yellow and blue, I applied them with a  brush and then sprayed water and dabbed a bit with some kitchen towel. When dry I inked around the panel with Distress Inks in Peacock Feather and Chipped Sapphire.
Next I did some stamping, I used the Speckle and Regency background stamps and stamped in Hydrangea Archival Ink. Next I stamped the butterflies from the Stampers Anonymous Classics 17, first straight onto my card and then on smooth stamping paper, fussy cut, coloured with Distress Inks and then glued onto the panel.
For this panel I used Postbox Red and London Blue. I then inked using Picked Raspberry, Chipped Saphire and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to deepen the colour. The bees are from the Insects and Butterflies set and I used the same technique.
The word Fly came from the new Katy Leitch Fly set.
+
For this one I used Calypso Teal, Vibrant Turquoise and London Blue. I then inked using Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather and a bit of Chipped Sapphire DI. I used the same two background stamps again, this time in Tree Branch and Coffee Archival. The little dragonflies are from the Stampers Anonymous Classics 17 set too.

After all my inking and stamping was done I mounted each little panel first on white and then on Kraft card. The fold is at the top.



Hope you like my cards and thank you so much for visiting!

25 comments:

Adriana B said...

THese are so pretty and love the colors, awesome work as always :)

Rosie said...

These are gorgeous - as always, Astrid.

Artyjen said...

Great colour and design. xoxo Sioux

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Astrid these cards looks wonderful , I love these backgrounds a lot!!!and butterflies and bugs are so great on your kind of cards!!!

Greetings
Maria

Helen said...

gorgeous cards, Astrid!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The colours are gorgeous & I love the texture from the watercolour paper.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Amazing work, Astrid.

Sid said...

Beautiful, colourful cards Astrid !

Dagmar said...

Die sind traumhaft schön - deine Farbeverläufe sind so klasse und alles paßr perfekt! Die könnten mich als Lesezeichen durch ein gutes Buch begleiten. (Astrid - in deutsch kann ich besser ausdrücken wie sehr mir deine/Arbeiten gefalllen :-)

massofhair said...

Three beautiful cards Astrid, great colour combinations, love the almost vibrant CAS style:-) xxx

Ruth said...

Just perfect!! Ruth

Mindful craft said...

Love these Astrid, great inspiration as always...xx

Almo said...

Three beauties here Astrid, lovely colours and great watercolouring. Mo x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Three gorgeous makes in vibrant colours Astrid!
greetings, Alie :-)

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, yum - what a fantastic shot of colour... these are lovely!
Alison xx

Naomi said...

Oh so lovely, wonderful.

rachel said...

beautiful vibrant cards Astrid - fabulous xx

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful work ... I love those colours!

mamablitger said...

Awesome !!!! Love all of them. They are so pretty, vibrant and have so much details !! You are so creative. I dont understand how you find time to create all what you share. Amazing !! And thank you so very MUCH !! I adore your art !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Redanne said...

The panels are beautiful, I love the rich and opulent colours you have used and all those beautiful fluttery wings too. xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love all three but the top and bottom one are my favourites !
Corrie x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi Astrid really loving the colour and how they compliment each other.

Claire said...

Oh these look amazing I have some of the delusions sprays but have struggled to find a way to use them that I like. But I think I willl give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Astrid, love the color combo's of each and the stamps you used. x

Cocofolies said...

All three are really beautiful!! Coco x