Monday 15 September 2014

Believe - Art Journal Page

Hello Everyone, Shilpa here,
Hope you had a great weekend and making some crafty plans for week ahead.
Today I am sharing with you a journal page which I made with Artistic stamper's gorgeous Gibson girl stamp.


I've used Wendy Vecchi's Archival reinkers and rubbing alcohol (Surgical Spirit) to create the background. I put few drops of rubbing alcohol on the craft mat and on that I added one drop of each Archival reinkers colours- Forget Me not, Dandelion and Leaf Green. They are very concentrated colours. I mixed them well with rubbing alcohol. And put my paper into that and took it off. I had to do two three times to get this cool background.
Next I stamped this Gibson girl image with Ranger jet black Archival Ink. Below that, I stamped circles  with  Boarder stamp A6#2. I also attached ruler washi tape. I've created some background texture with Damask stencil, Calligraphy mat 12 and Vintage photo distress ink.


On the other side of the page, I stamped Neil Walker Bobble bird with Ranger black Archival ink. To bring more vibrant colour on the page, I adhered flowers. The Journaling word 'believe' is from this AS stamp set.


Hope you liked my two page journal spread.
We have Autumn colours theme challenge going on for this month, join us to win the beautiful Artistic stamper stamps.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Supplies used:
Washi tape, Flowers from my stash.



16 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

very pretty!

Helen said...

great background especially, love the Gibson girl!

Sid said...

Great colours and love your design !!

Astrid Maclean said...

A Fab page Shilpa, and great use of that Gibson girl!

Radhika said...

Truly Amazing work Shilpa.. love the 2 page journal..

Arjita said...

The pages are so pretty .... Lovely background and stamps

ddazzled71 said...

This is a beautiful double page spread Shilpa, I love your background using the Alcohol Inks and Damask Stencil. xx

Hussena said...

Absolutely beautiful journal page, Shilpa. Love the background you have created :)

SD pooja said...

WOw ! Loved the abstract bg and lovely journal page !

Kirsten said...

Terrific page!

Ruth said...

Stunning pages! Ruth x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Really beautiful Shilpa.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Shilpa, I love the way you use colors !!! love your page !

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely striking, Shilpa!

Chantal JULIEN said...

j'adore. c'est beau!