Sunday 29 March 2015

...lightness and transparency...

Hello everyone!

It's Maria Potapovich (mellpellmell) is here for you today ;)

Today I will show you a card that I wanted to do for a long time.

The point is mixed media style pay very much attention to the layers. But in this style  artists generally use layers of different materials and medias.

And I wanted to make a card using the translucent layers of tracing paper.

Let's see.


I wanted to achieve the effect of lightness and transparency.
For this I used the white tracing paper, stamping pad were taken not black, but the color of licorice, and also pale blue letters for the label.


Here are only three layers and letters. As you can see some lower layers climbs out of the edges of the upper layers.


This card does not correspond to the style of "clean and simple", but that's how it would be desirable to describe!


I've used the Encyclopaedia Botanica stamps set 

I hope you enjoyed this technique! Perhaps you also want to try to make a card with layers of tracing paper ...

 I am sure that they will be easy and beautiful!

Have fun!

4 comments:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

A very unique card, I really like the clean lines to it. Dee x

Notations of a Crafter said...

Really lovely, how different too x

sarascloset said...

What a unique look this gives! I love the softness! And I LOVE those stamps!

Karen Petitt said...

Oh my, I love this! Such a beautiful soft creation that I'm not sure I could do as I love colour so much. Thank you for sharing it with us Karen x