Saturday 10 February 2018

Roses are Red with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my post for The Artistic Stamper. This weeks theme is "Roses are Red" as of course, Valentine's Day is around the corner.

Personally, I am not a lover of the commercial aspect of Valentine's Day. I prefer a nice card with some heartfelt handwritten words rather than a typical bunch of dwindling red roses. (I've never been a follower of tradition...) 

So, for this project I used the Neil Walker Heart stamp and the Mini Backgrounds #1 set 


Here is my creation...



I took a piece of card and coloured it with Distress Oxide Inks - Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral and Fired Brick then stamped the Heart stamp using Oxide Black Soot multiple times over the card. 

I then fussy cut all the hearts out and added some 3D foam just down the centre on the back of the hearts. 



I stamped the dots from the Mini Background #1 set on to white card and cut out two leaf shapes and a stem shape. I crumpled the leaf shapes to give them a more realistic look. 




I took a piece of 7" x 7" white card and inked the edges with Candied Apple Oxide ink. I adhered the stem and the leaves to the card. Then adhered the hearts on top of each other, layering them to give the look of petals.



For the sentiment, I used the Decay Alphabet - lower case stamp set and stamped 'For You' on a separate piece of card in Black Soot Oxide ink and inked the edges with Candied Apple and Fired Brick Oxide ink





Thanks for popping by, leave a comment if you wish, I love to hear your thoughts.

Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx





Here are the stamps I used on my creation which are available from The Artistic Stamper website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea for the heart stamps, definitely have a go are this !