Thursday 25 August 2011

Blue Denim Note Book by Kat

Hi all,
Kat here, with my 3rd & final project of the month,

Apologies for the rubbish post names,
I never know what to call them,
so I usually just write what I see (lol)

with core'dinations card stock as our focus
it seemed only natural to make a note book.
so here it is,



I started of with 2 pieces of grey board cut to size
I then cut the core'dinations card stock in 2 different blues
slightly larger, so if it shrank when it was embossing
it wouldn't be to small.

I then embossed with the same design,
but by turning the card pieces over
you get an embossed & debossed pattern,
I then sanded it with Tim's sanding grip
here's the difference in the patterns.


I then glued them with
I glued a silver strip over the join
& added another sanded strip of the darker blue core card
I trimmed it all back with a craft knife,
I glued the silver paper to the inside of the covers
& trimmed it back,
then cut the holes with the bind it all machine.


for the pages I cut them a couple of mm smaller than the covers,
I didn't count them (just made a small wedge)
then with a scrap of card slightly smaller than the page
for a mask & a
then added the texture with Stipple background stamp
I added the small flower chain off the flower blooms set
coloured with a copic marker.


punched the holes with the bind it all
& put it all together with half inch 0 ring.


I made the flower from the same stamp set
I glued a button in the center & added some leaves
cut from a sizzix die & the same core'dinations card stock
& glued it to the cover.

here's the stamps I used,


& there you have it,
Jobs a good-en

Hope you like it!
have a creative day,
Kat x.











7 comments:

Helen said...

Great notebook, love the pattern on the covers.

Minxy said...

Just beautiful, and practical too :D

Astrid Maclean said...

Super project and I love the idea of the embossing and debossing on the same page!

Hettie said...

That is a beautiful book and I love the way you have flipped the papers over from front to back cover. Brilliant yet simple!

Dragon said...

Oh what a lovely book... trouble is it's so nice I would just cuddle and stroke it!!!
Frankie
xx

Artyjen said...

Too nice to use! LOL
Really great book project. ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Brilliant little notebook Kat! Love the blues! xxx