Thursday 24 November 2011

Dance Bookmark by Alison

Hello Stampers! Today I have an inky bookmark to share with you.

I cut a piece of Grungeboard, 20 x 6 cm, then applied Distress Stains in faded jeans, dusty concord & chipped sapphire to it. The Distress Stains are still on special offer HERE, on The Artistic Stamper Website. I spritzed with water to blend the colours, then dried with a heat gun.

Next, I used Black Archival Ink to stamp the words from the Journaling Words & Creative Art Thoughts Plates repeatedly down the bookmark, then I inked the edges with the black ink. I stamped the small dancer from the Dance Plate, 3 times onto white card, using faded jeans, dusty concord & chipped sapphire Distress Inks, then cut them all out. I glued them to the bookmark, as shown in the photo, using Glossy Accents.

I smeared Rock Candy Distress Stickles all over the bookmark, then dried this with a heat gun. I used dusty concord Distress Stains to colour some seam binding, then stamped the word Dance with the black Archival Ink. I punched a hole at the top of the bookmark, added an eyelet & some of the seam binding, leaving a piece to add to the bottom edge. Finally, I added some crystal beads to the top to finish.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xx

7 comments:

Helen said...

Love this Alison, the colours are fab.

froebelsternchen said...

beautifull!

Joanne said...

Excellent use of Sioux dance stamps. Love those colours.
Hugs Joanne xx

Emma Williams said...

Fab bookmark and gorgeous colours! This is lovely, Alison.
Love Emma x

Unknown said...

Thought the full picture would be good and it is! Great idea Alison, in fact I might make some to add to Xmas cards to be different.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great bookmark, love the colors.

Artyjen said...

Such a thrill to see the stamps used on your fabby bookmark Alison :)
xoxo Sioux