Thursday 15 December 2011

TWINKLE TWINKLE BIG GOLD STAR

Hi all, Kat here,
on this chilly December morning,
I thought I would shear with you a Christmas decoration
I made to hang in my window this year,

Don't forget if you make a purchase in the shop
this month you will be sent out a free stamp
click HERE for the details.

I started with a gold star I got from a pound shop
& decorated it with the following :-
the Santa off mini Christmas plate
stamped with black archival ink
cut out & glittered round the edge,
& stuck with foam pads onto a gold nest ability shape,
I then cut 2 lengths of patterned paper from the
Rosette Decorative strip die & stuck them together
to make a bigger rosette, edged with a Gold acrylic paint dabber
I then stuck some foliage bits cut from
brown glittery & antique gold paper using
between the layers,
then I added some gold bells on ribbon (to hang down)
& a bell/bow embellishment to finish.

Here are some close ups.




Hope you like it!

well this is my last piece, this side of Christmas,
so I would like to take this opportunity to say
a big thank you to all you lovely people that
leave me such wonderful comments each time
I post something, they are so appreciated.
& to wish you all an amazing Christmas, 
& a very creative new year.

Also a big thank you to Jennie,
for having me on her design team.

Big Hugs, Kat x.

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That's beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing and i hope you have a wonderful christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

Jackie x

CraftyJo said...

This is gorgeous - I would never have thought a £1 shop item could look so great. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas.

peggy gatto said...

It is magnificent!!

Sid said...

Beautiful !!

Joanne said...

I don't like it - I LOVE IT, it's amazing. So clever and inventive. You could sell that for at least £14.99 now.
Hugs Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous! You will have one well decorated window with that :)
xoxo Sioux

Scattychick said...

That is just gorgeous I love it and may just have a go at one :) Thank you for sharing and a Merry Christmas to you x

craftytrog said...

You've created a stunning ornament Kat! I love it! xx

whyducks said...

Great work!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

How gorgeous this is!

greetings, Alie :-)

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful ornament which is absolutely stunning!
Love Emma xx

Minxy said...

Oh My! How totally charming, I bet your house looks just perfect with decks like this about the place x