Tuesday 28 February 2017

Paint and Hearts Birthday card by Gemma

 I created this 20 x 20 cms card and coordinating gift box and card box, using PaperArtsy paints, stamps and masks from The Artistic Stamper


I cut a piece of white card to fit the front of my card blank, which I ran through my cutting machine using mixed media dies. I then applied some texture paste in places through the honeycomb mask.


After coating the card with a layer of Gesso, I added China and Captain Peacock PaperArtsy paints over the top mixing it in with the Gesso. I dry brushed over the top with the same colours to highlight the areas covered with texture paste.


I stamped over the top with different stamps and colours, I used the honeycomb stamp and Tinned Peas paint.  Calligraphy mat 12 with Captin Peacock and Calligraphy Mat 11 and Gesso.


Once I was happy with the background and had glued it to the card front. I started working on and glueing embellishments on top. I took some cardboard hearts from my stash coated then with Tinned Peas paint, stamped over the top with Calligraphy Mat 11 and edged them with gilding wax. 


All of the other embellishments came from my stash they were painted with the same paints with the addition of Haystack and stamped with the same two Calligraphy Mats.




Thanks for stopping by and reading, I have loved seeing all the challenge entries thin months and can not wait to see what you talented bunch create next month.
Gemma 

No comments: